Sunday, April 19, 2009

Search Engine Optimization

I've been up and running with my web site (www.mooreagphotos.com), via Photoshelter, for about three months now. I've also added Google Analytics to the site, which is a great tool to determine how many folks are coming to my site, how long they stay on, what pages they view, and where they come from.

One area that's been missing is getting my name to start showing up at the top of the search engines. I spent one afternoon attending a Photoshelter webinar on optimizing my site for search engines, and it was a great investment of my time. I learned what to do, and what not to do, to get traffic to my site.

It's starting to pay off, and I am seeing more folks coming in from referring sites and from search engines. Now, I have to generate some sales. But at least I'm taking the first step.

If you want to find out more, Photoshelter has the webinar available at www.photoshelter.com. It's free, takes about an hour, and provides some excellent ideas on how to help your site.

No comments: